It’s the beginning of December and serious crunch-time for gift buying before the holidays. All of your loved ones deserve a personalized gift that shows just how much you care about them. Shopping sounds like a fun chore, but as the days go on, it just gets more and more stressful. That’s why we’re here to help! No matter the people in your life, there’s a gift out there for everyone. From the traveler to the homebody to everyone in between, here are a couple suggestions for your favorite people this holiday season.
The wanderlust bug has hit so many of our friends and family! These people (no matter how minimalist they claim to be) have their fair share of gadgets and goodies to get them through the next adventure.
Gifts to try –
1. A Body Bark Crew Neck is the perfect top to wear on any trip. Its lightweight material makes it easy to layer with a variety of sweaters, and we all know that layering is the key to traveling. It’s wrinkle resistant so you can simply throw it in your suitcase and don’t have to worry about a wrinkled mess when you get to your destination. Our special fabric is easy to clean and can be matched with any outfit, making it perfect for a backpacking adventure.
2. Nothing is more important when traveling than having appropriate luggage. The Everlane Twill Weekender bag is waterproof and the perfect size to fit all your belongings, while also fitting in the overhead bins on the airplane. The special screen-printing process they put the bag through ensures that no water or dirt gets in, keeping your bag and all it contains clean and fresh.
3. Traveling for cheap is amazing and there are so many opportunities to do so now (ever heard of WOW! Airlines?). However, most of the time traveling cheap also means traveling uncomfortably…We’ve found the solution! The Trtl Pillow is perfect for those long flights stuck in the middle seat between two strangers. It looks like a scarf but contains a crutch in the neck to comfort your head as you sleep. Stylish, warm and functional!
The Snow Bunny:
When you live in Colorado you know that tons of people take advantage of all that the mountains have to offer during the winter months! There are always new technologies to keep you warm and make your mountain experiences better year-by-year. Get your favorite mountain lover the gifts they truly want this year.
Gifts to try-
1. The Turtleneck from Body Bark is the top to wear under any fleece and snow jacket. It will keep the snow out, while not weighing you down. While it will keep you warm on the slopes, it will also look stylish when you take off your coat in the lodge or pair it with a sweater to hit the town.
2. While our luxurious turtleneck is perfect for a day on the slopes, treat your favorite snow bunny to a post mountain top that will feel silky smooth against their cold skin. The Body Bark Droop Neck top will keep you warm for a stylish evening out in the ski towns. It’s also perfect if you’re just lounging around by the fire and need a cozy shirt to throw on under a sweater.
3. Love Your Melon is one of my true-loves when it comes to start-up apparel companies. These hats are ridiculously cute and will keep you warm all winter long! Friendly reminder: when wearing a hat on the slopes, especially one as cute as this, make sure it doesn’t go flying off your head by securing it with your goggles and helmet! While you can wear this hat on the slopes, it’s perfect for just an average winter day as well. The best part of the Love Your Melon Brand? Fifty percent of every single purchase is donated to Love Your Melon nonprofit partners who support the research and the fight against pediatric cancer.
4. The Colorado sun is like nothing else, especially when reflected off fresh white snow. Your ski-loving friends will need the Burt’s Bees Kit to protect them from the sun and heal their skin after a day out in the cold dry air. Sunscreen is a priority when skiing in the Centennial State unless you want to go home with a goggle sunburn to wear to the office on Monday (regular lotion is key too – no one wants dry cracked hands or chapped lips).
I’ve seen multiple online articles lately telling me how much recent generations are changing the vino-game. Wine sales are through the roof and it makes perfect sense! Wine is delicious… My ladies go-to evening is a bunch of cheese and a bottle of red.
Gifts to try-
1. A perfect ladies night starts with a comfortable, yet stylish outfit. Treat your ladies (and yourself) with the Body Bark V-Neck. It goes with *literally* any outfit and is perfect for any occasion. Complete the gift with a bottle of her favorite wine and an invite to tour a local vineyard with your group of friends.
2. Customized wine glasses are an amazing way to show someone just how much you care about them throughout the year. Every time they use that glass they’ll remember you and the times you’ve spent together – not to mention they are super cute and are wine’s BFF.
3. Now, I know we all know wine, cheese and chocolate are the perfect pairings, but there’s a whole world of food and wine opportunities! Head over the Barnes & Noble and grab your friends a great wine pairing book and start planning your next get together!
The Health Enthusiast:
Denver has no shortage of health food stores and athletic gyms, but your crazy healthy friends can always use new items to boost their lifestyle.
Gifts to try-
1. Running outdoors in the cold is unmotivating and chilly. It’s hard to find that balance between being freezing during your cool-down and sweaty during the run. These Northface Running Gloves use a special kind of fabric to insulate your hands and cut down on sweaty palms. They are also reflective, so they are perfect if you have to run in the dark and are touchscreen compatible, so you can easily change your music mid-workout.
2. Layering while exercising in the winter is a perfect idea, and the Body Bark Turtleneck covers enough skin while allowing air to flow through and cool your body so you are comfortable throughout your workout. Giving this gift to your friends will be the perfect way to show your support for their hobbies.
3. At least for me, fitness is all about creating goals and monitoring progress. Get your friends that same gift with the May Designs health and fitness journal. Not only is it truly adorable, but it will help your fitness friends keep track of all their progress, help them map out their workouts, and even keep track of their meal planning and prepping. It’s 100% customizable, so you can design it to meet your favorite fitness junky’s personal style
We all know someone who just loves to stay home. They’d much rather curl up on the couch and order takeout than hit the town for a dinner out. Sometimes it can be hard to find gifts for these kinds of people, but don’t worry – we have you covered!
Gifts to try:
1. The Body Bark wear everywhere pant is perfect for a weekend in. Throw off your dress pants after work and slip on these super comfy and cozy loose fitting pants. Turn on Netflix and bundle up under your favorite throw – these pants will instantly become every homebody’s best friend.
2. Everyone likes candles, especially during the cold winter months. They give your home an added ambiance and of course smell delicious! Try purchasing Pure Integrity Soy Candles for your favorite homebody this holiday season. While Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle are typically everyone’s go-to candle shops, their candles bring and spread toxins throughout your home. These Pure Integrity Soy Candles are the perfect all-natural alternative and give off the same strong smell that a Yankee Candle would. You can even buy them on Amazon!
3. Every home body needs good-quality slippers. Whether you are wearing them out to check the mail or just around the house, L.L. Bean makes the perfect “Wicked Good Moccasins.” Not only are these slippers extremely good quality, but if for whatever reason these slippers (or any L.L. Bean Product) breaks, rips tears, or is not lasting as long as you think the product should, you will be reimbursed for your purchase.
No matter the hobbies and interests of your friends, there’s a gift for everyone this holiday season. Body Bark apparel is perfect for all of your friends in any situation. The fabric can be layered and worn with a variety of outfits. Let us know your favorite holiday gift ideas and share pictures of your Body Bark gift bags!
Happy holidays to all of you from our family at Body Bark!